17-Year-Old Dies After Hickey From Girlfriend Causes Stroke

17-Year-Old Dies After Hickey From Girlfriend Causes Stroke

A 17-year-old boy in Mexico City has reportedly died after a hickey he received from his girlfriend caused a stroke.


Doctors believe the suction of the hickey—or love bite—resulted in a blood clot, which traveled to Julio Macias Gonzalez’s brain and caused a stroke, the Independent and local Mexican media reported. The teenager had convulsions while eating dinner with his family after hanging out with his 24-year-old girlfriend and later died, the newspaper said.

This is at least the second reported incident of a hickey causing a stroke. A hickey had caused a 44-year-old New Zealand woman to have a non-fatal stroke, according to a 2010 study published in the New Zealand Medical Journal. Researchers at the time called the medical condition “a rare phenomenon.”

About Alexis Sostre

Entrepreneur, contributor, writer, and editor of Sostre News. With a powerful new bi-lingual speaking generation by his side, Sostre News is becoming the preferred site for the latest in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Culture, Tech, Breaking and World News.

Check Also

Powerball: Somebody’s Gotta Win, Eventually

Powerball: Somebody’s Gotta Win, Eventually

The big idea: Some wonder why anyone would buy a lottery ticket. Others think: Why not spend two bucks each week for a chance to become a millionaire — or better? Behavioral economists shed light on why what seems the height of illogic to some makes perfect sense to others...