95-Year-Old German Man Faces Trial for Auschwitz Crimes

95-Year-Old German Man Faces Trial for Auschwitz Crimes

A 95 year-old German man will go on trial next month for crimes allegedly committed during his time as a medical attendant at the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp in Poland, a district court in Germany said in a statement.


The man, identified as Hubert Z., is accused of being an accessory to at least 3,681 murders over a one month period in 1944.

Anne Frank and her family arrived at the notorious Nazi camp during this time, the statement said.

The prosecution alleges that the former SS member was aware killings were being conducted on an “industrial scale” at the camp.

He previously spent four years in a Polish prison for crimes committed at Auschwitz during a different period of World War II.

It is unknown if he’ll be fit to travel for trial, the statement said. Court proceedings are scheduled to start on February 29.

German courts typically identify defendants by their first name and the initial of their last name.

About Alexis Sostre

Entrepreneur, contributor, writer, and editor of Sostre News. With a powerful new bi-lingual speaking generation by his side, Sostre News is becoming the preferred site for the latest in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Culture, Tech, Breaking and World News.

Check Also

Powerball: Somebody’s Gotta Win, Eventually

Powerball: Somebody’s Gotta Win, Eventually

The big idea: Some wonder why anyone would buy a lottery ticket. Others think: Why not spend two bucks each week for a chance to become a millionaire — or better? Behavioral economists shed light on why what seems the height of illogic to some makes perfect sense to others...