WALNUT, Calif. -- A bomb threat has forced the evacuation of Mt. San Antonio College and the lockdown of Walnut High School.

Bomb Threat Investigation Underway at Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut High School

The threat was reported to occur at Mt. SAC in the 1100 block of N. Grand Avenue around 2:45 p.m., officials said in an emergency alert sent to students via text message. Students were asked to calmly leave campus.

 

Law enforcement vehicles are parked outside Walnut High School on Thursday, March 24, 2016.
Law enforcement vehicles are parked outside Walnut High School on Thursday, March 24, 2016.

Lt. John Saleeby of the sheriff’s Walnut Station said a bomb threat was phoned in to Walnut High School around 10:24 a.m. The high school, which is located in the 400 block of Pierre Road, was placed on lockdown and sheriff’s officials conducted a security sweep.

Saleeby said Mt. SAC decided to close the campus on their own.

Check Also

13 people shot in New Orleans Saturday; most violent day in 2017

13 people shot in New Orleans Saturday; most violent day in 2017

Two people were shot dead and 11 people wounded by gunfire Saturday (June 3) in New Orleans, the highest number of people shot in a single day so far in 2017. As of Sunday morning, more than 300 people have been killed or wounded by gunfire in New Orleans -- a rate of roughly two people a day...