A small fire at a restaurant inside Grand Central Terminal sent smoke billowing out of the transit hub and into the streets nearby on Tuesday, officials and witnesses said.
The blaze broke out in the ducts at Junior’s Restaurant at about 2 p.m., causing smoke to build up and spew from a smokestack on top of the massive train terminal.
The blaze was brought under control by about 2:30 p.m. Firefighters say no one was hurt.
Smoke from the kitchen fire billowed into the midtown streets, alarming pedestrians who took to social media to post photos.
— FDNY (@FDNY) March 22, 2016
— Ponzi’..d (@NONOTAGAIN) March 22, 2016