Reba McEntire, Narvel Blackstock announce Separation
FILE - In this April 5, 2009 file photo, Reba McEntire, left, and Narvel Blackstock arrive at the 44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. McEntire and Blackstock announced Monday, Aug. 3, 2015, they are separating after 26 years of marriage. The two announced in a joint statement that they have worked together for 35 years and will continue to do so. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong, File)

Reba McEntire, Narvel Blackstock announce Separation

Country superstar Reba McEntire and her husband and manager Narvel Blackstock announced they are separating after 26 years of marriage.

The two said in a joint statement Monday that they had been separated for the past several months.

“Despite this being the end of their marriage, they continue to support each other,” the duo said in a statement from Big Machine Label Group. “They have worked together for 35 years and will continue to do so. They have asked that you respect their privacy during this time.”

A representative for Big Machine declined to say whether they had filed for divorce.

The Grammy-winning multiplatinum artist’s career has spanned across music, television, film and theater and she remains one of country music’s most popular artists with No. 1 records in each of the last four decades. The Oklahoma native was the star of the popular “Reba,” television show for six seasons and has appeared in 11 films.

Her latest album, “Love Somebody,” was released in April and debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Blackstock runs a management company that represents McEntire, Blake Shelton and Kelly Clarkson.

The couple has one son together, race car driver Shelby Blackstock; Blackstock has three other children from a previous marriage.

Check Also

Charlie Sheen Accused of Raping Corey Haim on the Set of Lucas

Charlie Sheen Accused of Raping Corey Haim on the Set of Lucas

Thanks to Corey Feldman, LAPD detectives are investigating an alleged Hollywood pedophile ring that the former child actor has been talking about for years. Now, a new claim has come to light that Charlie Sheen raped then 13-year old Corey Haim on the set of Lucas in 1986...